really shitty weatherstriping

SWIFT NuTz

Amateur Racer
Feb 23, 2006
long island, ny
Re: really #### weatherstriping

The Metro soft seal kit that i found from summit, that comes with the inner and the outer rubber that is mounted to the doorline itself? doesnt seem like this kit does?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MMP-LM16-JC/?rtype=10

just curious before i order it. This part of the seal is more of a concern on my car the outer portion is all weathered and cracks/falling apart.

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011

Those look like just the weatherstripping for the doors themselves. If you mean by inners as the roof rail, that seals around the window you would have to buy that set seperate.

SWIFT NuTz

Amateur Racer
Feb 23, 2006
long island, ny

Yeh just looking for the doors themselves. The roof rails arent too bad as of right now. Just was making sure those are the door strips for the inside and the outerside of the glass where it mounts to the door.. that rubber hardens up and cracks apart .. what a shame haha

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011

inside or outside of the glass? the ones you posted a link of go all the way around the door to seal it to the body, they dont run along the top of the door. to me what your talking about are the window felts, the sit on each side of the glass, one screws onto the door itself, and the other screws to the inside door panel. those might be what your looking for.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey

To fix the sticky roof rail weatherstrip & eliminate door, sunroof, convertible top & t-top squeaks/noises I lube the rubber. BMW used to sell a general purpose rubber/weather seal lube called "gummi-pflege". It worked great. GM sells a product as both Corvette Door and top seal lube & spark plug boot dielectric grease. It's the same part number for either one-3634770, but it's REALLY expensive, $54.00. Permatex sells the same stuff, part #22058, dielectric grease. It's about $6.00 at Autozone. Napa has something called "Sil-Glyde". Same stuff, a little more money, $8.99.

They also work great inside spark plug boots to waterproof & eliminate stuck boots...

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts