putting hvac in car. need help

rwrows

Weekend Racer
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia
i'm working on an 86 regal originally a v6 n/a car and now it has a small block chevy. i took a whole hvac system out of an 87/88 monte carlo v8 car. so far i have the blower motor working.

what is this thing and do i need it?

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

i'm also worried that i don't have enough brackets on the compressor. i have two on right now

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

i'm pretty sure i have the wiring completed inside the car. just need to wire up the compressor now and i'm not sure what else. any guidance would be greatly apreciated. thanks!!

malibujason79

Dragway Regular
Oct 1, 2004
sw ohio
www.cardomain.com
As far as i know this connector on is all you really need. The heavy red wire needs to go to +12 volts to run your fan on high. The two green wires go to the compressor. The other end of this connector is on your inner fender well in your last pic, along with the grey color vac. hose. This vac. hose should go to manifold vac. Did you get the valve that goes inline with your heater hose?

I'm working on my a/c as well. Tring to get everything together since i went to a serp. set-up

DSC02706.jpg

rwrows

Weekend Racer
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia
damn that looks good. ok so to work my fan on high i need to put that plug on. or at least run a red wire for it. where does the other end of the red wire go? yes i do have the valve on the heater core line now. how do i include the vacuum ball into the mix? right now i can't get air to blow out of the vents. i have the purple line going to manifold vacuum and the grey line on the vavle.

malibujason79

Dragway Regular
Oct 1, 2004
sw ohio
www.cardomain.com
No you need to plug the end i showed you first here.

Then on the other end ( in the first pic i circled ) find the red wire that you cut, that needs to go to +12.

On my set-up which could be a different year than yours, my grey goes to manifold vac. and the purple goes to the valve inline with the heater hoses. I spent last sunday with a vac. pump and a DVOM testing all my a/c components.

rwrows

Weekend Racer
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia
awesome thanks. should that go to 12 volts straight on the battery or should it go to a terminal that only works when the key is turned to on? thanks again.

rwrows

Weekend Racer
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia
malibujason79 said:
http://www.maliburacing.com/wiring_diagrams/FourSeasonAirConditioner.jpg

Going by this wiring diagram it says straight to batt. +12. I think it went to the starter cable from the factory.

agreed!! awesome. thanks again. nice bu. do you have anymore pics of it?

rwrows

Weekend Racer
Jan 31, 2005
Philadelphia
wow that's nice. what does she do in the quarter?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts