New guy 79 factory 4 speed wagon.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Yea I left the flat tappet cam in that we put in to better suit the 4.56 ring and pinion. Did a cam, intake, and carb all at that time. It probably doesn’t even have 2k miles on it. So roll with synthetic oil and don’t worry about any zinc additives at all?

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Got it will do. I already have 2 gallons of high zinc oil but I’m not anywhere close to changing it and starting the car yet so I have time. He converted his 350 to a roller in his regal years ago when he put vortec heads on it and I vaguely remember that process. Shortly after that the 7.5 rearend gave up the ghost.

Mighty

Amateur Racer
Apr 14, 2023
Assuming I get to the shop in time tomorrow, is there anything specific you want to see with my column? Or just measurements of my original and the brock bowl/shroud? Last time I saw my column the original busted shroud was still in place so all I can really measure is how long it is

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I didn't think there was any such thing as high-zinc oil. Rotella diesel oil used to be higher in zinc, but now I think all oils are about the same when it comes to zinc content.

I think all I would like to know at this time is the overall length of the original shroud and the overall length of the new Brock shroud.

If the Brock shroud is 5.8 inches long, you will have about 1 inch hiding behind the dash. The original shroud may be longer because perhaps the Buick, Oldsmobile, or Pontiac varieties require a longer shroud.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts