12 bolt in a g body looking for suggestions

64chevelle

Weekend Racer
Dec 10, 2010
wichita ks
Ok guys think its time to do some upgrades to rear suspension...Im looking to better 60ft basically rear is not going away so if you have some ideas please help.

I currently have iceman upper arm adj swap control arm and soild lower bars.
also have umi relocated brackets welded in to have the option of moving them.

all points have been drilled and installed 1/2" hardware.
also have a weld in iceman ARB

I am looking into installing trz upper bushing in the rear as I currently have poly in there

or looking in to baseline suspension upper control arm trick piece??
I talked with TRZ the other day and basically said I need to lower the car 2-3" to get the upper arms where I need them? Here are a few measurements I took today

rear upper control arm bolt height 18.25"
front upper control arm bolt height 18.75"

rear lower bolt height 9.25"
front lower bolt height 10"
front weight of car is 1678..... rear weight is 1542 camshaft height is 21"

car has been 9.50s @ 146 with a 1.40 60ft on drag radials
I have strange single adj shocks out back and comp eng 3 ways up front

gman415

Dragway Regular
May 19, 2009
Chattanooga
Using 19.5 for the lower length, and 11.25 for the upper, I'm comming up with your IC 1500' BEHIND the axle CL.
I'm doing this on autocad, but may be doing it wrong (maybe someone could check)

64chevelle

Weekend Racer
Dec 10, 2010
wichita ks
man all these bench racers and not one suggestion??? here is a video of car down the track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=021MZewFNp8

footbrake 1.44 60ft

Mike Allred

Amateur Racer
Feb 4, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
I have the Iceman upper & lower 12 bolt swap control arms and the IC never happens with the extended control arm intersect point diverging. No hop bars or the "trick" Baseline suspensions uca piece would improve geometry to at least bring the IC together. My car hooks ok but does squat on launch with the current diverging IC. The tires will plant a lot better by raising the uca rear mount point (at rear housing) 3 1/2 inches or so.
-- Get the baseline suspensions kit!

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
i'll give you a suggestion based on your video that should impove your 60'. Get a convertor with a 1000 rpm more stall. You suspension looks to be working good.
brian

78boo0

Frequent Racer
Feb 13, 2007
HAZEL PARK, mi
www.niacandles.com
i have the baseline set-up
Picture063.jpg
Picture065.jpg
an over the winter i have rear coil-over going on the front have singal adjustable i have TRZ arb

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
prairiehotrodder said:
i'll give you a suggestion based on your video that should impove your 60'. Get a convertor with a 1000 rpm more stall. You suspension looks to be working good.
brian

Ding ding. You're not getting much body separation and you don't appear to be spinning. You can change all the rear suspension parts in the world right now and get the same 60 foots. You can hear the motor labor off the line. Needs more converter, IMO.

1QuickGM

Frequent Racer
Dec 13, 2003
Niles, Michigan
I would have to agree with the others, bigger converter or put a 100 shot on it with that converter! LOL

Looks like it is making good power laying down that time with a 1.4 60'.

64chevelle

Weekend Racer
Dec 10, 2010
wichita ks
guys in that video the progressive was stretched out a lot. Also I have a transmission brake but could never get it to hook on drag radial off the brake. Car stalls to 4200 on the brake.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts