1le big brake question

prostreeted49

Amateur Racer
Sep 8, 2005
warwick, ri
i just got a set of spindles/ brakes off of a 1994 caprice classic. from what i understand, i can use the spindles and calipers, just not the rotors because they are 5 by 5 bolt pattern. so i use the camaro iroc rotors and everything will work?

A

Anonymous

1LE rotors and calipers are bigger than IROC. Not by much but enough. Make sure you get the ones you want.

Jake

Malibutomi

Frequent Racer
Sep 17, 2003
Hungary
www.hebonline.hu
Camaro 1LE performance brake package
Part #5994 Rockauto/Advanceautoparts 30-40$ each

A

Anonymous

I think IROC rotors are 11.125 diameter with 2 piston calipers. A 1LE uses 12 inch rotors and 4 piston calipers. I have a set of 2" drop spindles with a 1LE brake setup. They are from Superior Spindles. They move the tie rod are in 3/8 of an inch to aloow for bigger wheels. They are rear steer and everything has about 1000 miles on it. If it will work for you 400.00 plus shipping. They even have brand new brake hoses.

Jake

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
IROC rotors ARE 1LE.

Tommy

A

Anonymous

The 1LE was an upgrade option over the IROC. Most came radio delete, no rear window defroster, heater only. But they also came with larger brakes, stiffer suspension and so on.

Jake

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Gaslight said:
The 1LE was an upgrade option over the IROC. Most came radio delete, no rear window defroster, heater only. But they also came with larger brakes, stiffer suspension and so on.

Jake

I gotcha. I meant the IROC 12" rotors were 1LE (they're actually 11.86").

Tommy

A

Anonymous

I always thought the IROC (standard) used a 10.5 2 piston rotor and the 1LE used the 12 inch rotor with 4 piston calipers.

I have never done a swap involving the Caprice. I have no idea if its a direct swap.

Jake

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!