2 holley red pumps how much hp can they support

454regal

Weekend Racer
Dec 7, 2007
I am running two holley red pumps for my low comp 454 bbc,about 385 hp motor,12.3@111mph all motor,11.7@121mph on a 100 shot i want to spray 125-150 next week out do i have enough.I have sprayed at least a dozens times plugs look good.

Excelerater

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 22, 2003
Memphis,TN
Red pumps are for non regulated applications,any time you run nitrous you need to set a fuel pressure with a regulator
Personally I would not use a red pump for anything

Damon

Pro Stocker
Feb 7, 2005
Philly Area
I use Red pumps as boosters for mechanical pumps, especially when using stock 3/8" fuel lines. Having a booster back by the tank instead of relying on the mechanical pump to "suck" the fuel that whole distance makes a HUGE difference. Gone well over 500HP on several nitrous cars using this simple, effective combination.

However, I agree with above- they are not designed to be your only fuel pump or a substitute for a higher pressure pump + regulator. They poop out around 6-7 PSI AT THE PUMP. What you see on the other end of the line way up front can change dramatically depending on how hard your car launches and pulls through the lower gears, plus whatever restriction the line itself imposes when flowing enough to feed your motor at WOT in the upper RPMs. Fuel has weight and g-forces act on it like they do everything else in the car. Fuel lines impose restriction no matter how big they are. And they're not insignificant effects in my experience.

Switch to a Blue + regulator setup and you'll have more than enough to feed just about anything.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts