4 speed headers...again

81gbody

Jul 8, 2014
Im running a sbc with a Muncie 4 speed in my 81 Malibu. Does anyone make headers that will fit angle plug heads and clear the z bar setup? I know someone will say run a hydraulic setup and don't worry about it but I have all the other stuff now I just need the headers. I never would have thought they would be that hard to find. Thanks for any info in advance!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Don't know about angle plug, but I have Hooker Competition and they clear.

81gbody

Jul 8, 2014
I saw those on summit's website and thought they were the ones I needed, but the item description says they won't fit angle plug heads... So the search continues

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I am using Hedman 68311. That PN is for the model with AIR lines. The 68310 is without AIR lines. The collectors are the ball/socket style, so no gaskets and the alignment with the pipes doesn't have to be precise.

I don't have angle plug heads, but Hedman's website should claim whether or not they are suitable for angled plugs.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
you could try contacting these guys:

they list headers for G bodies that clear angle plug heads, but not manual transmission linkage. maybe they have some that WILL fit that aren't listed? worth an e-mail to find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

81gbody

Jul 8, 2014
I'll definitely check with schoenfeld and Hedman to see if they can hook me up with either one, thanks for the help guys!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!