400 small block wich way to go

bigg502

Daily Driver
Sep 27, 2008
Loretto, Ky
I have a fresh 400 small block sitting on the engine stand. It'd been bored .060 and all of the rest of the goodies done to the block. but I don'e have the rotating asembly yet. SHould I put a 350 crank in it and make it a 377 for the quick revs or go with the cubic inches end and put the 400 crank and rods in it.
The machine shop guy and the local dirt track guys says I can keep it cool with a aluminum radiator.
Or ssay the #$%^ with it and put the 454 with 781 heads a thumpr cam in it and really tear out the rearend.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
.060 over? i didn't know you could bore a 400 out that much. if you plan to drag race the car, use the 400 crank and make some low end torque. if you buy the good parts and build it right, you can rev it too.

bigg502

Daily Driver
Sep 27, 2008
Loretto, Ky
I don't know for sure if it was sonic tested I "acquired " it after the machine work was done but I will have it tested before I put it together I'm thinking eagle rotating assembly roller cam and either RHS heads or Brodix 220cc's

CNC BLOCKS

Amateur Racer
Jun 12, 2005
NORTHEAST
WWW.CNCBLOCKSNORTHEAST.COM
bigg502 said:
I don't know for sure if it was sonic tested I "acquired " it after the machine work was done but I will have it tested before I put it together I'm thinking eagle rotating assembly roller cam and either RHS heads or Brodix 220cc's

Keep your fingers crossed on the sonic test!!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts