6.0 Drive by Wire

alkey3

Amateur Racer
Feb 6, 2007
Rolla, Missouri
Ive found a motor Im probly going to buy for my conversion. It seems to be a good buy for $1200. It has everything with including the PCM and fuse/relay box with 76000 miles on it. I heard it run and it ran good and had good oil pressure. I have a few questions to ask. 1) How do you convert the drive by wire to drive by cable? He already sold the cab so I cant get the pedal and stuff. 2) Also has anyone kept the a/c with conversion? I need to know if the heater box needs modified and what compressor I need to run malibu or the truck. Im sure Ill have more questions but those are the ones that come to mind.

A

Anonymous

see, I on the other hand love it. I think its easier to control and it definitely has better response

Horsepwraddict

Pro Stocker
Mar 3, 2007
Princeton MA
untill a module, sender or motor breaks. I have drive by wire on my Volkswagen, it broke pulling out into traffic, luckily the car still moved and their weren't alot of cars coming. The car just idled a little higher than usual so i could limp it across the road.

Throttle Cable FTW!!!!

alkey3

Amateur Racer
Feb 6, 2007
Rolla, Missouri
I guess I could just find the pedal and stuff. Has anyone mounted one of these in a malibu? If so can I see some pictures?

A

Anonymous

I'll get you a pic of mine when I get home. It only took about a 1/2 hour to install and re weld the pedal (the truck has it sticking right into the trans tunnel)

80ECLT

MalibuRacing Junkie
Nov 21, 2006
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
X2 GET THE PEDAL! It will be worth the hunt/ price. A lot easier than converting to cable.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!