7.5 Ford with 3.73 gears and t-lok in 1979 monte carlo?

CruizinKev

Frequent Racer
Just want to know what my options are.

My current daily driver is a 1998 Mustang V6. I just bought a while back new Ford Racing 3.73 gears + matching T-Lok. I still got these parts laying here - still not in. So I searched around here and other forums and it seems its possible to get the 7.5 Ford rear in my 1979 Monte Carlo??

I'm asking because I can find another 7.5 Mustang axle (Ford Mustang V6 parts that age kinda easy to find here in GERMANY) and get the gears and t-lok in and put everything on my Monte Carlo.

But the Ford's bolt pattern is different.. so what can I do with that?

I just searched around for these things but not really found something I 100% understand. The most articles are about putting a 8.8 Ford Mustang rear end in - not a 7.5 Ford.

And please mind I'm in Germany - so it's hard to find any good usable parts for the Monte Carlo. Is easier to find the 1994 and up parts here........

Thanks,
-Kevin

blumonte

Weekend Racer
Jul 25, 2008
minnesota
Ford 7.5 rear end is pretty weak. Not much better then the stock one in your 79 monte. In my opinion its not worth the trouble unless you put an 8.8 in it.

CruizinKev

Frequent Racer
okay so better sell the 7.5 ford gears and t-lok and get 8.8 ford? I kinda new on these things..

so better a 8.8 from a fox and put gears and t-lok in it?

but I want to upgrade to discs at rear ( with E-brake ). so I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180333227446

...but still don't know about the axles and the bolt patterns.. what axles will fit in the 8.8 foxbody axle but has the chevy bolt pattern?

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
Just use the Ford axles and put Ford wheels on it.

blumonte

Weekend Racer
Jul 25, 2008
minnesota
CruizinKev said:
okay so better sell the 7.5 ford gears and t-lok and get 8.8 ford? I kinda new on these things..

so better a 8.8 from a fox and put gears and t-lok in it?

but I want to upgrade to discs at rear ( with E-brake ). so I found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180333227446

...but still don't know about the axles and the bolt patterns.. what axles will fit in the 8.8 foxbody axle but has the chevy bolt pattern?

mustang rears all have a t-lok if its an 8.8

CruizinKev

Frequent Racer
racecar77 said:
Just use the Ford axles and put Ford wheels on it.
okay if I do this - I need matching rims for front.. is there a way to put some 5x4.5 rotors on front of the 1979 Monte? Or any ford spindles would fit? foxbody? any thoughts/ideas?

CruizinKev

Frequent Racer
yeah thats an option but the pro stars are not strong enough for my driving.. I already had 15" prostars and they look like this:

http://2loose.chevytalk.org/weldrims.html

012%20Left%20Wheel%20Cracked%20Too%201.JPG

...but I can't use them anyways because 13" front brakes..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts