7.5 rear end support cover

Brian79

Frequent Racer
Aug 21, 2008
Wataga, IL
Want to know if a cover would help out on the WEAK 7.5? A buddy has a Trick Flow support cover and wants $25 for it. Just wanted to know if it would be helpful or worth the time/effort. Just trying to prolong the time bomb as long as poss. [-o<

Before we get into this: :) 1- I know the 7.5 is weak 2- I don't have the cash to go out and get a 8.5/12 bolt/9" 3- I am not putting money into this 7.5 that could be used to udgrade to one of the others. The 7.5 is in the car,set up to run(C clip elim.,mini spool) and I am stuck with it until it breaks(which could be anytime) and when that happens well then I am S.O.L for awhile :cry: Not trying to sound or be a know it all. I understand the reason for not using a 7.5 but it is out of my control.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
sure, why not? for $25, you'd be nuts not to buy it! mine was about $120-$130 new. it's an hour job if you stop for a few beers here and there.

Brian79

Frequent Racer
Aug 21, 2008
Wataga, IL
was wondering just how much more support it gave?

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
About 50 HP :lol: . Seriously, I feel it's mandatory for anyone trying to get any sort of lifespan out of a 7.5. For that kind of money it's a no-brainer. The weak links are stock carriers and spiders, 26 spline axles, and small caps that let the contact pattern of the gears move.

79 surfwagon

Frequent Racer
Jun 26, 2006
Texas
x2

the 7.5 can use the support cover to stiffen/support the carrier caps. My experience with the 7.5 weak link has been the ring gear breaking. It sounds like you've done all you can to make this 7.5 last. Let us know when you break it! Those are the fun threads =D> You had enough power to break it racin'!

For $25 bucks you can't go wrong here. Besides, it doesn't hurt to change the fluid!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts