700r4 shift issue : 2nd to 3rd slow

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
Here is my dilemma : I love the 700r4 transmission I put in this year and think the o/d transmission is the way to go...Hers is a question I hope someone can shed some light on..When in automatic mode all the gears shift well, or at least from what I can tell. When I shift manually from 1st to 2nd the shift is firm and dead nuts...now when I shift from 2nd to 3rd there is a delay or lag....I mean when I put the shifter into 3rd, it seems like at least a second or two goes by before it shifts into 3rd ...BTW, The T.V. cable is properly adjusted. Any ideas??? I think the valve body might be the culprit?? BTW, There is no shift kit in the car...The transmission is less then nine month old as well...Any suggestions????

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
You forgot to mention the rpm at which you are manually shifting. The transmission will not shift early just because you moved the shifter; it will not upshift until reaching the same rpm as when left in D.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
Does the RPM go up inbetween shifts? maybe a boast valve change.

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
Aat the track I sh*t it at 5500 rpm's.................Yes the rpm's continue to go up until it finally shifts....Not a spike in the rpm's though.....

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
NOt 100% sure on that........I think less then 5500....Car is tucked away in the garage for the winter or I'd check....:(

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
My 89 1500 would slip (Transmission guy called it a flare up) when shifting from second in to third, Form half throttle on. A bigger boost valve and I think a corvette servo fixed the trouble. Doug

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts