700R4 Swap from turbo 350

Toyin

Daily Driver
Jun 4, 2009
I'm new to the board and pretty new to hot rods, i just bought a 79 malibu with a 468 and turbo 350. It was set up to drag race and i wanted something that would serve both as a quick street car and still race it. I swap a built 350 for a 700R4 to get the OD. Since i swapped the transmission it dosn't seem to have the power it did with the the turbo 350. The kick down cable and everything is hooked up but i can't figure out why there feels like a such a big differeance between the 2 transmission's? I'm gonna take it down to the transmission shop and have the engine tuned on the dyno and have the transmission guy look everything over. Can anyone think of a reason there would feel like such a big differance. It dosn't seem to have the seat of the pants pull like it use to. Any help or tips would help and are greatly appreciated.

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
is the lockup convertor hooked up?

Toyin

Daily Driver
Jun 4, 2009
Think your talking about the TV cable, ya it's hooked up but i'm not sure if it's adjusted right? I'll need to mess with it some more and see what i can do. I was reading through the build list on the 700 and it looks like the stall conv went from a 3500 to a 2800 and that may be the set of the pants differnt i'm not sure. It goes into the dyno on Friday so well see when the torque and HP curve start to come on and probably c/o the torque conv to compliment the torque and HP curve. Curious what the HP gonna be i'm kinda excited to see what it's gonna make. I'm sure i'll be disappointed but well see. More to come...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts