9 in 3rd member

c_unitproductions

Daily Driver
Jun 12, 2007
haines city,fl
ive got a stock carrier and ive bought a posi from quick performance and a set of 4.11 gears. problem im having is that the gears are rubbing on the housing where the bearing for the end of the pinion goes. has anyone ever had this problem? ive moved the gear, it was barely rubbing, and got it to spin but i havent adjusted anything yet. any input would be appreciated. would it hurt to clearance it a bit. it looks like the ones on quick performance site are notched.

barnym17

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2008
ohio
It can be clearanced with a die grinder no problem.But before you do double check pinion depth ,If it is not in far enough it causes you to move the ring gear in closer to get the correct back lash and cause this. This is because the pinion is smaller at the end.Just double check the depth first.

406Elcamino

Frequent Racer
Jan 8, 2006
i had a stock pumpkin that i was getting motive 411's installed into and the guy that does it ran into the same problem after everything was almost done so he had to tear it all down and take the grinder to clearance it but it was fine after.

the last pot he did this year i had motive 456's installed into another stock pumpkin which never required any grinding go figure

c_unitproductions

Daily Driver
Jun 12, 2007
haines city,fl
i had a 9 inch in a 79 regal that was ladder bar car and the transmission bell housing cracked and tore up everything even the third member. i got another stock third member and put it together with no problem. thanks for that input it makes me feel better! thanks again!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts