a little off topic.......

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
I'm in the process of my own 5.3 swap. And I'm wondering what keeps you going on this kind of swap? I've got 2 5.3 blocks (1 good 1 spun rod), 3 pairs of heads, 2 sets of coils, 1 pan and intake, 2 sets of around rod bolts, fuel pump, etc... I've got about $1500-2000 to go (5.3 Turbo)

So what keeps you going on this, personally I'm getting burned out always looking for stuff.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
I'm going through the same thing now, although my 6.0L LQ9 engine is finally done. These LS engines are pretty expensive, I'm finding out. Yeah, you can do the junkyard thing, but not where I'm from. You will absolutely NEVER find a camaro/firebird in a salvage yard around here, so, everything I get is online. I'm sick to death of reading, hunting, etc...My motor's an iron block, which procludes me from running every single aftermarket accessory drive all the aluminum block guys can enjoy. I've settled for an F-Body setup with an alternator relocation kit, to make things more familiar. Would've been cool to turbo my 6.oL, but I'm not re-doing the motor now...500+hp should be enough for me
JUST DON'T LOSE FOCUS! GET TO SOME CAR SHOWS AND GET INSPIRED TO FINISH YOUR PROJECT BY GETTING IDEAS AND LETTING YOUR IMAGINATION TAKE OVER! THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE CHOOSE THE LS ENGINE BECAUSE THEY ARE PROVEN TO WORK!

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Thanks, its always good to hear from another wisconsinite. (Janesville) I've just got a huge list $$$ yet and for the money I've already spent, I could've had a decent small block already. Last weekend I came across a set of aluminum SBC brodix heads $350, granted the ls heads out flow them but these would bolt on....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!