Advice on rear springs for my 82 wagon

madmoose63

Frequent Racer
Apr 20, 2008
Bryan,Ohio
Hey guys, I just swapped my 7.5 rear for a moser 9" .....tubular lower arms, adjustable uppers, rear sway bar and new rear shocks. I put the stock springs back in and it sits too high in the rear now....what did you guys use for rear springs on your wagon?.....thanks in advance Moose

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
You can put a true coil-over type spring in there. We've used 12" - 125 and 12" - 150 lb coil-over springs in the stock location with good results.

madmoose63

Frequent Racer
Apr 20, 2008
Bryan,Ohio
Did you use those springs on the street?.....I am planning on street driving the wagon and wanted to ask if they will work on the street..... :-k

TRZ Motorsports

Frequent Racer
Nov 8, 2005
Orlando, FL
www.trzmotorsports.com
We do yeah, depending what ride height you need, you might even need a 12" - 175 lb. spring.

shadychevyowner

Dragway Regular
Jun 28, 2005
Numidia Pa
i got a 14" 150lbs spring. You ever have problems with 12" spring falling out?

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hello
As long as the rear is made for a G body car I would suggest just going with a stock rear spring and get a good adjustable rear shock to allow you to still maintain good clearance. Such as a QA1 or a Strange Engineering. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad :D

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
I run Suspension Techniques 1" drop A-body springs on my wagon

Wagon107.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts