aftermarket radio install

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
I have the radio. I have the harness. They are wired together and i have a yellow wire going to a clear plug that is suppsably constant power. Where does that plug in at ive looked all over cant find it.

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
You'll need to run that to a continuous 12v power supply (tie into cig. lighter, or just jump off the fuse block) It's for the clock in the radio, I imagine...

Any 12v source that doesn't run through the ignition switch should work..

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
yeah we figured that out, ha tied it in with the wire that runs to the glove box light which looked like it went to the cig. lighter, now one more question i have the dash install kit with the wood grain from scosche, it looks like when i cut out the hole it would take out the two screw holes at the bottom i guess it wouldnt matter too much right? since i dont have the metal bracket in, but what will keep the bottom portion of the trim plate in. gonna work on it in the a.m. tomorrow, so it would be nice to get an answer, soon. Thanks to anyone that can help, also if you have pictures that would be great. I might have to pull my dash to replace the speaker up front it vibrates and it horrible.

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
You could add a couple of holes toward the bottom of the trim plate and add a couple screws, or do like I did and just leave it the way it is without the screws...

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
hmm, il figure something out.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts