aftermarket rear coil springs

mobileaudio25

Frequent Racer
Aug 3, 2011
columbus ohio
I was wondering what would be a good set of replacement springs for my malibus rear end. I'm doing a swap to a gnational rear end and the springs are the only thing left I have to purchase. It's a daily driver. Any suggestions or should I go with oem replacements?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
if your going for the standard height springs, stock replacements will be fine. If the springs currently in the car are original, new stock replacement springs will raise the car up though as the originals have sagged slowly over the years. Are you going for looks, drag racing, corner carving, want to lower it, etc?

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
I run Hotchkis 1901's which lower the car 1 inch. It really does make an improvement in the looks and ride, without giving the car a stiff ride....

mobileaudio25

Frequent Racer
Aug 3, 2011
columbus ohio
It is specifically a street driven car. I do like the lowering look. I'm running 255/45/17 in the rear. And 225/45/17 in the front. If I were to use the lowering springs to lower an in would it look offset with the from end like the car is sloping down? And would I need to change anything else other than the springs?

BMR Sales

Frequent Racer
Nov 20, 2008
If you lower the rear I would suggest to lower the front as well. How does the car look now with 45 series tires concerning the fenderwell gaps? The tires you have are low profile so I would think that F&R lowering springs will probably look good.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!