Air bags and sway bar?????

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
I have a 81 olds that had a sway bar but was broke. I put in a set of air bags and is leave straight and level. The question I have is it OK to install the sway bar back in with the air bags installed?

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
I would have thought that some one would have a answer to the question. I don't need to install the sway bar but I can get one for free.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Do you drag race it? Or...

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
That what I built it for. Its only what we call a street eliminator car. IHRA rules at the track means its a dot tire with mufflers and no electronics and no faster then 12 flat.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Honestly at that level I think it wont hurt anything to run both or just leave the air bags in and no sway bar. I ran 1 air bag in my right rear spring for years and nothing else. But once I started putting down more power and running 10.5's and faster, I had to switch to and anti "roll" bar. I wish I had done that long ago. An air bag is a band aid and sway bars only work to a certain point as well. ARB's fix the problem 100% if installed properly.

bracketchev1221

Dragway Regular
Apr 22, 2009
Mountville Pa
Put the sway bar back in. It won't hurt and you may be able to take some air out of the passenger side bag. I used the Moroso trick springs in my chevelle with the stiffer passenger spring and a sway bar.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!