Air Bags or Sway Bar?

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
Setting up my first gbody and was wondering what is the best set up for the track on launch. The back sway bar that was on the car was broke? So the question is what is the best to make the car better in the 60ft. Right now its going 1.88 with no spin (with the converter and cam tright about where I wanted it to be). Right now their is no sway bar or bags. What is the best for now seeing that the car will only be a foot break and a street eliminator class 12 flat and slower.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
Well I have had all 3. Air bag will help you some but its a band aid. A quality sway bar is a little better than an air bag and great if you drive on the street much. But if you step it up like most people do over time an ARB is king. Spend the money once is what I recommend.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
^ed speaks the truth. I have an air bag in my car that did absolutely nothing for the car but make it sit uneven, even with the slightest amount of air in it. ARB may improve your 60' times, but more importantly, it will help make them more consistent.

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
The car is not driven on the street very much. Track and back 1.3 miles from the storage units by the track. I have the drag bags ordered from Summit and they will be here on Tuesday. The question I have is what air pressure to start out at for both sides. The car will not be step up any more then what it is. Sportsman bracket car 12 and slower. Its not hard to go fast, its very hard to be good. We get paid for going rounds not for going fast.

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
I only used one on the right side. I cut it out and threw it away or I would have given it to you. I ran mine anywhere from 5psi to 20. I would start around 5psi and work from there. Good luck! I agree about going rounds. Consistency is king.

YAV8

Amateur Racer
Oct 1, 2014
Manitiowc, Wisconsin
Got the bags into night and it sits level. Went with 5 in the left rear and 18 in the right rear. The rear springs were original so it did sag and squatted on the hit. I think they are taking the car for some TNT on Saturday. I have one guy picking up a motor and one getting a set of vortec heads that I did a lot of work to. Can't make it but will see the slips and how it works.

70BOWTIE

Daily Driver
Jun 9, 2015
anti roll bar is the way to go...if you can afford it..have one professionally installed...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!