Another wheel question

A

Anonymous

I hate to ask but,I am confused here on all the answers to these wheels and sizes.
I am wanting to buy a set of pro stars off of a 99 camaro.the backs are15x10 and he said 7in Bs(?)on a 295-50-15 and the fronts are M/T on 15x4 with 2 in BS(again sounds weird,but not for sure).I am just wanting to put a nice tire under back and a narrow on front.I have 205 15s front and 275 60 15s rear on 3in BS rims.I have the alum slots deep and want to go with a set of weld stars or lites.I am guesing here but,165 80 15s front on a 4in wheel 3.5 BS and rear-275-60 -15s on a 8in wheel thats 4.5 Bs am I close to it here on a stock suspension?thanks kenny

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
ok, i'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but i can tell you there is no way that a 15x10 with 7inch b.s. will fit. i am assuming you have stock susp. and stock frame rails and a stock width rear. the perfect b.s. on an 8 inch wheel is probably 4 inches like the factory rallys have, but not really available in an aftermarket wheel so most run 3.5 b.s. and roll the lip on the wheel housing. if you run 4.5 b.s. you MAY rub the frame, most do, but not all. best thing to do is measure, than measure again. those 15x10's on the camaro are a definate NO. i am doing a frame notch and mini tub on mine to run a 15x10 with 5.5 inch b.s., i am mounting mickey thompson 28x12.50's on those rims and they will be tucked under the car. i don't have pics, but the car will go to the chassis shop in a couple weeks.

A

Anonymous

A guy had those wheels and tires off of a camaro and I was not sure if they would fit or not.I have never owned a malibu and dont know anything about wheels and tires.I looked on here on a few pics and the best all around was about a 8in wheel and 3.5 Bs.If I order a set or the 8 in with 3.5 and roll the edge and put a bigger tire on rear on them,can i go with a 275-60-15 tire?
On the fronts,can i go with a 4in with 3.5 Bs and go with a 165-80-15 tire?I was just wondering if good combo?thanks kenny
I will stay away from those camaro wheels.thanks for the help

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
most of the guys here with stock width rears run 15x8 with 3.5 inch b.s. and 275 60 15's. roll the lip and they should clear, but as i said, measure first. a 15x4 is what i have on the front, but i'm not sure what b.s. i don't think 3.5 inch b.s. is available on those. probably more like 1.75 inches or something. you could check with summit, jegs, or whatever manufacturer's wheels you plan to purchase. btw, don't plan on doing any corner carving with 15x4's on the front, it ain't gonna happen. :lol:

A

Anonymous

TOMS78BU said:
most of the guys here with stock width rears run 15x8 with 3.5 inch b.s. and 275 60 15's. roll the lip and they should clear, but as i said, measure first. a 15x4 is what i have on the front, but i'm not sure what b.s. i don't think 3.5 inch b.s. is available on those. probably more like 1.75 inches or something. you could check with summit, jegs, or whatever manufacturer's wheels you plan to purchase. btw, don't plan on doing any corner carving with 15x4's on the front, it ain't gonna happen. :lol:
thank you,i will check ,I just got confused on the forum with all the pics and sizes.the wheels on the car now are 3 in Bs.It aint much o start with but,I am working on it.thank you for all your help and time with me.i did buy that cross member on here and been looking for drive shaft info.Do you ever get a chance to come to mobile any?they had a grudge match today,best 2 out of 3 for 5k---shannon poole"chevelle" against the track 10.5 record holder"mustang.talk at ya later kenny

TOMS78BU

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 13, 2007
gadsden, alabama
kennym .Do you ever get a chance to come to mobile any?they had a grudge match today said:
i've never been down there. i live about an hour north of birmingham, in gadsden. i race at alabama international dragway in steele. i think that eldabo races down there.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts