Anti roll bar help

greasy

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2005
Beloit,KS
www.iveverlow.com
I'm look'n to put an anti roll bar on the monte, but i wasn't sure how much movement they allow for(meaning vertical axle movement) the car is airbagged, so rear will see around 8" of travel from time to time, but i've narrowed the frame 6" and the axle , car has factory style suspension, with UMI 12 bolt swap upper amrs and adjustable lower arms, and lower rear drop brackets, so a factory antisway bar won't work, plus i still race the car, but need something to keep from moving. So if any of you all could help that have experience with them i'd appreciate it!

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hello
This is just a suggestion for you and might be a little more street friendly. You could always go with a lift bar set up and then the lower control arms will allow the sway bar to be a stock ride height. And we also offer a beefier rear bar as well. Below is a link to show you what I am explaining.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_60_72&products_id=83&zenid=31hflkvpf3kis88u9ag2dlol33

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_66&products_id=75&zenid=31hflkvpf3kis88u9ag2dlol33

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad :D

greasy

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2005
Beloit,KS
www.iveverlow.com
i guess i didn't make myself clear, i've narrowed the frame, 6 inches, swaped 12 bolt after narrowing it in the car, a stock sway bar won't work, unless you make one that is 6" narrower, i already have lower UMI adjustable lower arms, and don't plan on buying anyonthers. the car is air bagged = air ride, has RE7 bags all way around and soon to be layed out(frame on ground at 0 psi) i need a anti roll bar so i don't get any body sway, and wondered about suggestions, thanks for your help, but do you have anyother ideas, or does anyone know how much vertical movement will an anti roll bar accomodate for?

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
You can put an anti roll bar on and make the links as long as you need them. You will probably need to notch the trunk floor to allow room for the ARB links to clear the body. When mocking it up, just make sure that the adjuster links don't bottom out on the ARB arms, and that the links aren't too short at ride height. The bolt on ARB's probably won't do you much good in this situation.

greasy

Amateur Racer
Sep 24, 2005
Beloit,KS
www.iveverlow.com
ya, alot of the floor is gett'n moved up anyway, to accomodate the rear end, notch, and where i was gonna mount the ARB, i just wasn't sure how much movement they really allowed for.....but thanx for the help guys

79smokedbu

Daily Driver
Oct 2, 2009
Detroit Michigan
What was the deal about an anti-roll bar being not street friendly? I heard that you should undo one link if you drive on the street. Could it really be unsafe?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts