Anti roll bars on the street?

evil80

Amateur Racer
Nov 24, 2008
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Curious to know if anti roll bars are ok to have hooked up while driving on the street or not? Havn't been able to find any good answers on this subject yet.

Thoughts?

Jim

DanielM

Frequent Racer
Aug 29, 2008
Racine, WI
I've been told to disconnect for street use too hard on the bushings. But some others may chime in.
Dan

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
i run my spohn bar on the street but my car also isnt a daily driver

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
I have installed a bunch of TRZ ARB's on street/strip cars and I know that they are not disconnecting the links. I havent seen one of them bend or break yet.

evil80

Amateur Racer
Nov 24, 2008
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
OK.. thanks for the replies so far guys. I don't plan on driving this car on the street much. Just your average nice day on the weekend, and cruise night trips. I just wanted to know if it was a must to disconnect it, or if it was advised. If I feel the car is handling in an uncomfortable manner i'll disconnect it.

Thanks ,
Jim

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
In my opinion, the only thing you have to really watch out for is taking a really sharp change in the angle of the road at a sharp angle. Example: a driveway that is at a big angle up when you turn off of the road you are on. If you take something like this at a 45 degree angle, the ARB is going to see an EXTREME amount of load and there is the possibility of bending it. If you see a spot in the road like that then try and take it as straight on as possible.

SkidmarkSS

Frequent Racer
Feb 23, 2008
Tampa.FL
I have a TRZ ARB,disconnect at least 1 link,my neighbor busted his on a speedbump in his drag Trans Am.

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
I know in my grand cherokee w/4" of lift, I need it on the road.
As for it holding up... well

l_f0c5fc4f04f3458d92bbcdd967126239.jpg

Olds80Six

Amateur Racer
Jan 30, 2006
Westmont, IL
Have one in my car, I cruise it around allot when the weather permits. No issues to date, I was working on the rear suspension this weekend and had the links disconnected....there was no wear/slop in the heim ends. This car sees public roads and highways, potholes...roadkill...speedbumps etc.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!