Anti-theft: the Ravelco

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0609htp_anti_theft_system/index.html

Looks like a good investment, I like their thinking! The same reason I would put redundant security measures in any vehicle I own, but in one convenient package :)

0609htp_05_z+ravelco_anti_theft+ravelco_device.jpg

0609htp_03_z+ravelco_anti_theft+installed_unit.jpg

Cliffs notes:
-Passive
-A uniquely pinned plug you take with you
-Dummy wires (I think they're all black as well)
-Thought I read in the article that they had some retired pros come in, and they gave up after over 35 minutes or so of trying to hotwire the vehicle.

80superbu

Pro Stocker
Oct 2, 2005
Colorado springs, CO
Those are real big for the dodge truck guys. Haven't heard any complaints or stolen vehicles from anyone using it.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
CutlassRacer said:
Looks interesting. How many different circuits does it affect?

Each one is a unique setup. Part of the success is the guy that does it is somewhat secretive about the whole process, and I think he's rightfully so. If people knew what went where (I might do one of my own just so I know what's what), it would be easier to steal.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Although I didnt read the entire article, my first concern for people mostly like us(enthusiasts who mod the hell outta our cars) is:

Say I want to swap in an LS1, or even something less extreme say like maybe even just wiring up some gauges or a stereo system...how is this thing going to make my life hell?

Other than that, sounds good.

540Malibu

Pro Stocker
May 22, 2003
Shrews., MA
bad idea, only way to make sure it cant be started and stolen is by a secret kill switch only you know about, or take a vital part of making the car run with you.....and that thing doesnt protect against ramp trucks

kyhunter89

Dragway Regular
Mar 7, 2008
Kentucky
540Malibu said:
bad idea, only way to make sure it cant be started and stolen is by a secret kill switch only you know about, or take a vital part of making the car run with you.....and that thing doesnt protect against ramp trucks

And a minute of tracing wires, a pair of pliers and and peice of wire can fix that....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!