Any info on summit weld knock off's ??

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
I have a set on my malibu and i think they are better than the weld rims, b/c welds are a 2 piece rim and the summits are a solid one piece. so they are a bit heavier but in my opinion are stronger. they look just as good as the welds.

A

Anonymous

Yeah i read up on them , was just wondering about the weight , i guess they couldn't be alot heavier than the welds ??

I preffer draglites over stars , but the knockoffs only have 5 wholes , looks silly to me , i think i might try the stars out though , look real nice and are priced right for me with all the parts i'm getting right now .

Thanks

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
i have a set also i like them and deffin for the money cant go wrong

malibulvr

Pro Stocker
Mar 22, 2008
Pensacola, Fl. 32526
79izfine said:
i have a set also i like them and deffin for the money cant go wrong

X2. Only thing I don't like about the wheels is the lug nuts are sunk in and I have to use a thin(really thin) wall socket to put the lug nuts on and off. But for the $$$$$ can't beat it. I think mine were about $450 delivered to my door and they came in less than two days.

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
i used gorrilla open ended lug nuts and could still use the standard impact socket in there.

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
MALIBULVR i used open end lugs like the stock style and can use a 4 way lug wrench just gotta becareful so the surrounding material doesnt scratch i was gonna get the chrome plugs they have for the multie hole universal wheels just a thought at this point . the only thing i think to complete them is an emblem on the center caps

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
i wieghed one the jegs ones, 15x4 with a ds2. 11lb ea.

jitteryguy

Amateur Racer
Feb 8, 2009
Afganistan
that's alot better price than jeg's get's for em, I just put a set on Tony wagon and a set on one of my other sons S10, I really like em, a little heavyer than the weld wheels on my MonteCarlo but not a whole lot , perfect for a street car !

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!