Anybody wired turn signals through a dash switch?

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Had a buy bring me a Monte Carlo to put a race steering column in, but he still wants his turn signals. I just spent a little time looking through the wiring diagrams and have an idea, but still not 100% that I can make them work. If I am looking at things right I can take the power wire out of the flasher, run it through a 3 way toggle, then one side goes to the LH turn signals and the other wide to the RH.

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
Well, I think I got it figured out. Gotta run to Radio Shack for some pieces and then I can test. It all makes sense on paper, lol!

I failed to realize that the brake lights go through the turn signal switch as well so I had to rewire that as well. Definitely harder/more complicated that it sounds like it should be!

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
Kevin, It's a pain in the butt, but I figured it out and did mine. I also forgot about the brake lights. I made a schematic when I did it, let me know if you need it. Lee

CutlassRacer

MalibuRacing Junkie
Dec 18, 2004
Gainesville, FL
www.facebook.com
I got it working. The only thing that I didnt want to spend any more time figuring out was how to make the turn signal still flash while on the brakes. I got it setup where the front flasher still works while you are on the brakes, but when you hit the brakes both taillights stay on. The owner was happy with how it worked out so that's good enough for me!

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
racecar77 said:
Kevin, It's a pain in the butt, but I figured it out and did mine. I also forgot about the brake lights. I made a schematic when I did it, let me know if you need it. Lee

Post up, I'll be needing that one down the road!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts