Anyone here running a Lenco?

my5092nv

Frequent Racer
Nov 7, 2003
Columbus Ohio
I don't run one, but when I first put my car together, I wanted one bad! I know the CS1 is the strongest. The engine free revs in all gears except 4th, or 5th. (High gear) on all units except the ST1200 model. About all I know.

Mike

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
Lencos rule, but there is baggage.
Clutch setups can be hard to sort out, and I have no knowledge of the street version.
The reverser can be a bit touchy, and fragile, and if you break anything in the driveline, or experience severe wheel hop, there is an output sprag that will break.

racecar77

Pro Stocker
Aug 11, 2007
Crete,IL
That's a really nice car, nice setup, looks fun to drive, but......the times he quoted were not impressive to me for a twin turbo car. His turbo setup cost more than my whole N/A motor and his car is only a tenth faster than mine. Maybe just the tune he had in it, I heard him say how much boost he was running, but I didn't hear him say how much maximum boost capability was. Just my .02, Lee

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
He was set up at 6 psi for the first drive, then said something about 10 psi later on, for sure the easy soft street tune up.

Watching that video reminded me why driving a 10 second car on the street was no fun anymore.....
No traction.

I crewed on a Lenco car back in the '80's, I'd love to have one, but with a Dana rear, and I would have to back half the car for sure.
There were bad days at the track too, swapping out burnt up clutches. Not many, but when it would start, it was 2 or 3 at a time to get the car back right.

The race trans is super cool, you can adjust how hard the shifts hit for downtrack conditions, and stick cars make crazy MPH.
Plus, there is just nothing like the sound of a stick car twisted up off the line or out of the burnout. =D>

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts