Anyone running 20X10's without modifying the factory tubs?

79buproject

Daily Driver
Oct 30, 2012
Northern Kentucky
Anyone running 20X10's without having to cut/modify the factory wheel tubs? I have a Chris Alston Fab9 housing that I purchased brand new. When I bought it, I had it narrowed 1" on both ends. I've also purchased a set of 20X10 rear wheels with a 5.25" backspace (I think?). Anyone know if I'm going to run into problems with this? Am I going to have to widin the factory tubs? Thanks in advance for the help?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Re: Anyone running 20X10's without modifying the factory tub

I'm fairly sure you will have to cut the rear tubs out and move them in to fit a 10" wheel back there. Some guys can do it but they arent lowered, mainly drag guys running a 28 or 30" tall tire.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada

if you have a rearend that is 1" narrower per side, and rims with 5.25" of backspacing, I'm thinking the frame will stop you from even bolting the rear wheels on.

79buproject

Daily Driver
Oct 30, 2012
Northern Kentucky

grizwald said:
if you have a rearend that is 1" narrower per side, and rims with 5.25" of backspacing, I'm thinking the frame will stop you from even bolting the rear wheels on.
I have already notched the framerails with that in mind. I'm fairly confident that the wheels with fit on the rearend withouth clearance issues. My only concern are the wheel tubs....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!