Anyone try these headers?

appsk8r

Frequent Racer
Sep 7, 2006
Winston Salem, NC
I have these on my 1980 Malibu. There were three issues with mine. One, the a/c box was in the way (not a problem for you). Two, you have to use a shortie oil filter (which they tell you to do on their website). And three, the right header hit the rear lower A-arm mount. I know a few others also had this problem. I just had to cut a little notch out of the mount, nothing serious. Other than that, they fit well.

AkWhtBst

Weekend Racer
Oct 14, 2010
Anchorage, Ak
www.alaskadrags.com
appsk8r said:
I have these on my 1980 Malibu. There were three issues with mine. One, the a/c box was in the way (not a problem for you). Two, you have to use a shortie oil filter (which they tell you to do on their website). And three, the right header hit the rear lower A-arm mount. I know a few others also had this problem. I just had to cut a little notch out of the mount, nothing serious. Other than that, they fit well.

Nice!! Thanks for the info.

Do you have any pictures of these installed?

Tim

appsk8r

Frequent Racer
Sep 7, 2006
Winston Salem, NC
this is the only one I really have. You can kind of see how close the right header is to the A-arm mount. On the left you can see there's about 1-2" of clearance. Also, the filter is a Fram PH-30.

21215754010_large.jpg

AkWhtBst

Weekend Racer
Oct 14, 2010
Anchorage, Ak
www.alaskadrags.com
Hmmm... The way I am reading the description on the headers I linked where they are a fenderwell header.

Are yours the same part number as I linked?

I'm trying to find a set of fenderwell headers for my race car.

Thanks for the pictures.

Tim

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
I went with the flotech afterburner headers.You oughta check them out as well......

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts