Anyone used Moroso GEN 1 solids with their adapter mounts?

87SS

Dragway Regular
Jul 18, 2004
Hillsborough, NJ
www.cardomain.com
I had Moroso solid motor mounts (motor and frame) for my old 400 SBC. I figured I could reuse them and just order the Trans-Dapt adapter plates only. I went and put them on the motor today and dropped it in. The issue was I could mount one side, but the other side I could not get lined up, at least 1/2" or more off. Stepping back and thinking about it, the 1/4" adapter plate on each side of the motor throws the geometry off a tad.

I wonder if the Trans-Dapt mounts are a bit shorter in length than my Moroso solids, thus allowing it to work.

I thought about opening up the holes on the frame to allow the frame mount to slide up a little which would work, but that does not seem like the right way, should probably just get the trans-dapt mounts as well.

Anyone else run into any issues with their mounts like this?

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
Re: Anyone used Moroso GEN 1 solids with their adapter mount

http://www.retrolsx.com

They are now making an adapter where you use the stock mounts on the frame and it adapts them to the lsx styled ones on the engines. HTH

Otis

87SS

Dragway Regular
Jul 18, 2004
Hillsborough, NJ
www.cardomain.com

Thanks.

I ended up ordering the trans dapt mounts to match the adapter plates I have. I tried all different ways, including loosening the frame mounts but the 1/4" adapter on each side threw the hole alignment between the mounts off just enough to only allow 1 side to be bolted together.

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky

What exactly did you order, Im having the same issue.. Im tired of looking and ordering the wrong thing... any pics of what you have?

[email protected]

87SS

Dragway Regular
Jul 18, 2004
Hillsborough, NJ
www.cardomain.com

Just got the mounts yesterday, will try them this weekend. Since I already have the solid Moroso mounts from the GEN 1 motor, I figured I could get away with just the adapter plates. The mounts I got yesterday cost another $30 or so, would have been cheaper getting them with the adapter plates at the same time. Lesson learned.

The mounts I just got were part number TRD-9525
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-9525/

They seem much shorter than the solids I have, meaning the motor seems like it will be in the car lower. I also ordered Resto LSX's oil pan, hopefully that will be here this weekend as well so I can test fit the motor and pan together.

Stangboy

Dragway Regular
Jan 27, 2004
Ky

^^^

Did these solve issue for you??

87SS

Dragway Regular
Jul 18, 2004
Hillsborough, NJ
www.cardomain.com

Nope, they ended up being too short. I ended up using the solid Moroso mounts I had from the 400 with teh transdapt adapter plates. Using the holes in the crossmember got me really close but had a tough time getting the long bolt in with both mounts lined up (holes were off 1/4" or so due to the adapter plates changing the geometry slightly. I ended up using 2 of the 3 holes on each side and opening up the third one slightly. This actually gave me the best results in terms of pan clearance and engine being level.

8secChevy

Amateur Racer
Jun 28, 2008
Williamstown, NJ

I used Moroso solid mounts for my LS swap in my 73 Camaro I'm doing now. I have the Car Shop adapter plates though, and I came up short on the one side as well. It was only off about 1/8" or less so I just loosened the bolts holding the plates to the motor just enough to get the motor mount bolt in. Then I was able to just tighten the plate back up, and It was good to go.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts