attn: 388bu

quickie70

Weekend Racer
Feb 20, 2008
Denver, CO
I don't know if you've done this. I thought i had seen it already, but I'll ask anyway since you seem to be on here bunches, and hope for the best.

I know that you used wait4meperformance to do your wiring and ECU, but I'm not sure exactly what else you used for your swap.

what mounts, headers, and oil pan combo did you use? I've read your issues with the slip on collectors, so I'm looking for another set of headers, but what (if anything) would you have done differently? I was going to do an injected gen I but decided against it after watching your progress.

Thanks in advance

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Take a look at the first post in my swap thread. I list out the major items that I used for the swap.

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=73834

The only thing I might have done differently is just install the weld-on collectors from the start. Much easier with the headers out of the car! If I was running a car intake, I probably would have went with the BRP mounts as well. They are pricey, but the best imo. They would have allowed the OEM A/C pump to fit(maybe a notch in the frame though) and they set the motor up a little higher which would have given me some more ground clearance with the headers.

I dont think those BRP mounts would allow a truck intake to clear a stock hood. You may consider BRP shorties as they of course dont have slip fit collectors.

Good luck with the swap. cool.gif

quickie70

Weekend Racer
Feb 20, 2008
Denver, CO
sweet. thanks a ton for that. This is going to be my winter project, so I'm planning on doing it slowly and methodically so it comes out just right for me... oh and I may or may not have a line on a complete ls1/4l60e pretty cheap, so maybe I'll do that instead of the 6.0 i was planning... here's to hoping! \:D/

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!