AUSSY 9 Bolt neeed help!

AllMtR85SS

Weekend Racer
May 16, 2007
Rocky Hill, CT
www.candlracing.com
Hey i have a bizarre problem. one of my buddies at my shop has an f body and bought a 9 bolt from an iroc. He ordered replacement axles from mosier and they were built specifically for the rear. They look absolutely identical in every which way. They use the same bearings, EVERYTHING. we have tried everything to get them to fit and both axles sit out of the housing about 1/2" too far. They are not on the wrong side, and we have looked at all stupid options, we cannot figure it out. Even mosier has no idea. does anybody have a thought, anything would be helpful. Thanks

big gear head

Daily Driver
Nov 3, 2010
Central City, KY
The 9 bolt Borg Warner differential has split axle gears in it. Half of the splines are in the gear and half of the splines are in the cones. Somewhere along the line you have got the splines out of alignment. Hold the yoke so that it can't turn. Put one axle in as far as it will go and then turn it by using a pry bar in the studs or put a wheel on it. As you turn the axle, push in on it. When the splines line up the axle will go in all the way. Do the same thing on the other side. This might not be easy, so keep trying until the axles go in.

big gear head

Daily Driver
Nov 3, 2010
Central City, KY
If the rear end is not in the car then you could put a wheel on both axles and turn them in opposite directions. It might be hard to hold the yoke if the rear end isn't in the car.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts