Backup Lights, Where to hook up with Floor shifter ?

jakedog

Frequent Racer
Apr 10, 2009
Upstate NY
Where did anyone pickup the wire for the back up lights ? I'm Guessing under the dash somewhere ? Can you fill me in ??? Thanks

Phoneguy

Amateur Racer
Nov 18, 2009
Central fl
It should be on the steering column. It's in the netrual saftey switch

jakedog

Frequent Racer
Apr 10, 2009
Upstate NY
I know that, but where does it come out under the dash , Maybe what color and what to look for ????

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I would love to know this also. I have diagrams and all for the car, but it has a Regal dash in it, and I don't know what wire to look for for the backup lights. They are the only thing that isn't functional on the car and it bothers me all the time!

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i did mine years ago after getting tossed at new england,i believe it's a purple wire @the neutral safety switch on the bottom of the column

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
If your using a aftermarket shifter like B&M / Hurst . The back up switch has a LT green & dark blue wires on the steering column. The neutral safty switch has big purple wire & a yellow wire also on the column under the dash. If your changing from a column shifter to a factory floor shifter DONT remove any of the likage under the hood as all the switches will be already working.

jakedog

Frequent Racer
Apr 10, 2009
Upstate NY
mean78malibu said:
I would love to know this also. I have diagrams and all for the car, but it has a Regal dash in it, and I don't know what wire to look for for the backup lights. They are the only thing that isn't functional on the car and it bothers me all the time!

Hey I found mine, I traced it from the trunk to the front, Mine was the lime green wire of the cloumn switch, Check it out and see if that there for ya ??? Let me know !

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts