bad ground?????

brewandmybu

Dec 20, 2010
ok i just bought a 79 malibu it has a 350 dropped in well when i picked it up it was 190 miles away i drove it all the way back home aswell after getting home a few days later on a drive it just started losing power and wouldnt start up at all ?? then driving home i parked left the lights on and it died after being on for a few short minutes ??? well figured bad battery and or pick up on hei distributor replaced both problem seemed fixed until the new battery drained after the 100 minute reserve im really stumped another thing when i turn on my head lights i lose all the guages they just shut off and when i hit my turn signal my gas guage goes with the turn signal bouncing back and fourth any suggestions on what this could be and if im heading in the right direction ?? thanks for yalls time

brewandmybu

Dec 20, 2010
ya thats the thing the motor was just built and it has a brand new altenator and when i put it on a charger the battery will only charge to 73 percent wont go any hire its only 2 weeks old. but this will be solved eventually no matter what i love the car !!! but its just has been a real bear to deal with i have had the car two months and have only driven it three days when i had first got it the motor threw a push rod thru a rocker they had put a high lift cam on stock rockers and then to boot the pushrods were miss matched all the way thru when it rains it pours i guess but i have pretty much went threw the whole motor but electrical problems im lost really just had a daughter 6 months ago and have sunk 4200 in the car already the ole lady aint very happy with me she did want me to buy the bu anyways but oh well it will be my coffin bury me in it baby is what i told her

brewandmybu

Dec 20, 2010
im also wondering what the deal is because there are no connectors at the hedders to muffler so was it gonna be a drag car is the wirring all there or was it gutted once upon a time man i dont have money for a mechanic

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts