battery cable///alternator wiring info needed

79izfine

Pro Stocker
Nov 20, 2005
massachusetts
www.cardomain.com
,this set up is a little bit different than i am used to ,,,i have an my 86 monte was a 4.3L FI motor ,,,,,removed the 6cyl/ecm and forgot some wiring details ,,,,, the plug for the alternator is there but the alt stud wire isnt (im used to older non ecm harness ) so i need to get that figured out ,,,i also forgot the pos battery cable hook ups ,,,, need to know where the wire near the battery post clamp goes and the eyelet near the starter wire goes ,,,i was thinking one goes to plastic housed /stud on fender ( assuming the one nears post clamp ) ,,,also assuming the 1 near starter wire might go to alternator stud ,,,,, thanks for the help
001.jpg
002.jpg
003-1.jpg
004-1.jpg
005-2.jpg

464elcamino

Amateur Racer
Mar 28, 2010
alton illinois
Alt eyelet you can run to the pos side of starter or pos side of battery its just the charging wire.

DOUG213XRJ

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 18, 2006
West, MI
The biggest one goes to the starter, and one goes to the back of the alternator. The alternator wire looks like it went to the block on the fender first then went to the post on the back of the alternator. Looks like the third one goes to the starter solendoid but not sure witch post or what its for. I would try it car with out it. Doug

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts