BBC Lower Radiator hose

wagonmaster

Weekend Racer
Aug 30, 2004
Green Bay, WI
Looking for a part number here or an application (i.e. BBC vette etc) that worked for your car. Spent some time looking at the parts store but nothing great. I believe the lower radiator outlet is 1 1/2.

Thanks!!

A

Anonymous

ya my water pumpp is 1 3/4"outlet and the radiator is 1 9/16 outlet. not sure how im gonna get a rad hose for that.

wagonmaster

Weekend Racer
Aug 30, 2004
Green Bay, WI
Any body? What did you use for this?

8secChevy

Amateur Racer
Jun 28, 2008
Williamstown, NJ
I used the stock SBC rad hose on mine. I Had to trim water pump side, but other than that no issues. I am running a Griffin rad with 1 1/2 outlet and a meziere water pump with 1 1/2 inlet.

wagonmaster

Weekend Racer
Aug 30, 2004
Green Bay, WI
How the heck would you find out the Dodge truck ones worked? Just looked and thougth they might fit? I ended up cutting my SBC lower and splicing that to another hose with steel tubing inside. I don't like it but its running. I think I will check out those Dodge hoses though. I am running a stock type radiator with a Stewart H.V. pump. Thanks for all the responses guys!

TNTS79

Dragway Regular
Jan 6, 2006
Illiniois
I was trying to get a part number for a upper hose and didnt have much luck... Stock radiator and 90 deg t-stat housing. Using a flex hose for now but I would like to find a formed hose that works with the 90 and the stock radiator!!

A

Anonymous

im running a weiand 871 blower so my thermostat housing is not in stock position and i have an aluminum radiator with 1 9/16 outlets so i gotta find a rad, and measure what the thermostat housing is, which is 1 3/4 i think

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!