Best brake pad for drag racing w/ stock brake system.

TRAVIS

Amateur Racer
Feb 1, 2007
MORRISTOWN TN
Ive heard that the Hawk brand that Summit sells is good for drag racing but looking for more input. Im having a little trouble getting stopped at my local tracks and think some different pads may help. Ive got organic pads up front and Bendix semi-metallic pads on the rear on my stock style discs on the rear w/ manual brakes. Whats everyone else using.

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
i just put some carquest specials on the front of mine... they said they're made by morse? they actually stopped really good at the track.

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
Hawks, they have very good bite. and made a noticable pedal feel in my malibu by just switching pads. this is a all stock brake system.

COPO 572

Dragway Regular
Mar 23, 2004
Morrisville, NC 27560
I'm glad someone posted this question, I was just about to do the same.

Has anyone tried the EBC "yellow stuff" kevlar brake pads? I read about them in one of the car magazines and they said they were great. I don't know if it was just a commerical for one of their sponsors, or if it's the real deal.

On the Summit site they say they are a full race pad, but unlike other race pads, they have excellent bite even when cold. At $105 a set I'd like to think they do something.

Anyone?

TRAVIS

Amateur Racer
Feb 1, 2007
MORRISTOWN TN
I guess Ill try the Hawk pads and see how well they stop next year.

454RAT

Pro Stocker
Mar 19, 2004
Summerville, SC
Ive heard about the yellow ones, but never personally tried them. I have nothing but good things to say about the hawks, going to put some on my chevelle also. I will have to check which one I am running for the hawks, I know they are for use with stock rotors and also have very good bite cold ( good for drag racing ) but they are not the aggressive ones they have.

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
COPO 572 said:
I'm glad someone posted this question, I was just about to do the same.

Has anyone tried the EBC "yellow stuff" kevlar brake pads? I read about them in one of the car magazines and they said they were great. I don't know if it was just a commerical for one of their sponsors, or if it's the real deal.

On the Summit site they say they are a full race pad, but unlike other race pads, they have excellent bite even when cold. At $105 a set I'd like to think they do something.

Anyone?

i've been using the ebc "green stuff" pads for a couple years in my dd. they work better once they get just a little heat in them. the first stop is good but they get noticibly better with more braking.

gbodystuff

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
My vote is for performance friction carbon metallics. I use them in my 4 wheel disc conversions and they excell at top end speed to stand still braking-meant for the roadcourse but they work better as the pad heats up...and yes, they create a lot of dust as well.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts