BEST DRAG RADIAL

MYMONTECARLO

Weekend Racer
Nov 7, 2008
CINCINNATI,OHIO
What drag radial tire do you guys recommend ,driving on the street? I have 78 montecarlo w/ 4-11 gears ,spool,9". My radials are 275/60/15. Quality & price matter.. Need tires that hook on the street and how long are they lasting usually??

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
I gotta go with M/T drag radials. Ive had 3 sets. Had a set of 235 15's on my 67 Nova street car would pull the left front wheel and run 7.05 @99. Worked good on the street too. Was ok in the rain but if you get stupid in the rain you will be swapping ends. As for mileage mine never had a chance. I might have gotten 1000mi but I ran mine full time and hard.

FOFITTYFO

Frequent Racer
Jul 5, 2009
Van, Tx.
I'm with Ed on the M/T drag radial and you dont have to do a pro-mod style burn out to get 'em to hook either. They don't last all that long either, but what tires do when we're steady poundin' on 'em?!

SSmonte408

Amateur Racer
Jun 19, 2007
otisville, Michigan
the hoosiers work good, but they don't last. M/T is the way to go. I get to the track about 5 times a year and mine have lasted 2 seasons with a TON of street driving on them.

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
Depends on what youa re wanting to do with them? I run Nitto 555r now on the back, same size as you've got. They work good for drag strip, but I still spun off the line just a little bit. The thing is they work better on the street and in any rain that may come your way. The M/T that I had was good too, but not this good, on the streets. It was softer than the Nittos are but wore out twice as fast. With my car being daily drive, and say maybe once a month/bi monthly, the M/T lasted about 10k miles maybe a little bit more. The Nittos have lasted 15k give or take 1500 miles and have plenty of tread left.

HTH

Otis

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts