Big Block Shorty Headers?

78 LS1 TT

Weekend Racer
Oct 2, 2007
Carrollton, OH
Does anyone know of a brand of headers that make shortys to fit a big block G body? My Super Comps hang to low.

Thanks

:D

Redline396

Amateur Racer
Oct 21, 2008
clifton, nj
i was looking at the headman clipsters for late model novas.......they are a mid length header.......not sure of the fitment though.........

78 LS1 TT

Weekend Racer
Oct 2, 2007
Carrollton, OH
No one? Can anyone reccomend a header company to call? lemmon's cook etc.? These Hooker super comps are going to be smashed shut before long. LOL

78 LS1 TT

Weekend Racer
Oct 2, 2007
Carrollton, OH
I just spent a couple hours looking. I have found 50 diferent sets of shortys and mid lengths for small blocks, but cant find any for big blocks.

78 LS1 TT

Weekend Racer
Oct 2, 2007
Carrollton, OH
I hate to bring this post up again. I am still having trouble finding a shorty or mid length header for a BBC. Any new help?

Thanks

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Don't think you'll find much. Most people who have BBC's aren't looking for "medium performance" parts...

Tommy

79wagonator

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2006
Long Island, NY
www.cardomain.com
Have you looked at Sanderson headers?
They don't show Gbody specific but they have quite a few block hugger headers
and they give detailed dimensions (if you scroll down) so you can see if they would fit

They also have cast iron ones that are similar dimensions to stock units
Nice Stuff..

Last edited by a moderator:

78 LS1 TT

Weekend Racer
Oct 2, 2007
Carrollton, OH
I found those a couple weeks ago. It seems guys have run the model BB3's on G bodys. I tried calling Sanderson and got an answering machine. I need to try them again. It sounds like it should aleviate my problem. I will post on here once I try and bolt a set on.

SSedan64

Dragway Regular
Oct 5, 2009
MACON, GA.
Have you checked 73-77 Yrs. to see if they'll fit? Being Short to Mid length they should fit but, I'd ask to be sure.

Hedman standard 65103, standard coated 66103 & elite coated 68618

Mid length

Shorty

Last edited by a moderator:

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!