Big brakes - What are you using for a booster?

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
So I am running the 12" B-body/1LE brakes up front with a b-body master cylinder, but am still using the stock single booster. I really need to upgrade the booster...

I tried a dual g-body booster from eBay, but it didnt work. The master wouldnt fit in it. I guess some of the duals were different sizes or something. I was thinking about using a b-body booster, but I thought there was a downside to using that. What are you guys using?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I used the dual diaphragm booster form Master Power Brakes.

They set me up with the master, booster and propercombo valve to just bolt-in. i don't remember the application or part #. Contact them for details.

http://www.mpbrakes.com/

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
malibu9in said:
I switched to hydroboost but i havent got it runnin yet. Ive heard nothing but the best from people who have swapped over.

If I didn't already have the vacuum booster, I'd go that route, too.

Tommy

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
388bu said:
Hmmmm what G's came with hydroboost? All diesels? Any advice as to where to get the parts if I went that route? Im guessing that stuff would be tough to find in a yard.

I believe the GN's came with a version of it, but here's the people you need to contact:

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/

Tommy

malibu9in

Pro Stocker
May 30, 2003
college station texas
388bu said:
Thanks for the link Tommy. A little too rich for my blood though.

Same thoughts here. I found a wrecked gn and got all the guts from it. I wanna say I got about 50 bucks in it?? I cant remember. The guy Tom who owns hydratech said that the gn system was a very high quality hydroboost.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
malibu9in said:
388bu said:
Thanks for the link Tommy. A little too rich for my blood though.

Same thoughts here. I found a wrecked gn and got all the guts from it. I wanna say I got about 50 bucks in it?? I cant remember. The guy Tom who owns hydratech said that the gn system was a very high quality hydroboost.
Cool.

According to Matt, 97 and newer GM truck stuff will work with a little modification. Think im taking this route.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts