Blazer Brake Upgrade ?????

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
I am considering this brake upgrade, strongly. My question is this, I know it adds some weight, but has anyone ever done this swap to a street/strip car with before and after times? I was told about the ten lbs of spinning weight theory years ago, and was wondering about this as the setup adds more spinning weight, bearings 8)

2doorBu

Frequent Racer
Sorry I wish I could help you. I just picked up the dual piston set-up but the trans is blown in my car.

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida
I disagree! The removable rotors do not have the weight of the center bearing support like the single piston set up has. I can not give you exact weights but I am confident to say the rotating weight is nearly identical or less for the dual piston set up as compared to the single.

And for what this is worth, unless you are racing and worried about every last ounce, the improvement over the stock set up is worth what ever penalty you might find.

JBreu

Frequent Racer
Jan 31, 2010
Livonia. New York
Firetruck1 said:
I disagree! The removable rotors do not have the weight of the center bearing support like the single piston set up has. I can not give you exact weights but I am confident to say the rotating weight is nearly identical or less for the dual piston set up as compared to the single.

And for what this is worth, unless you are racing and worried about every last ounce, the improvement over the stock set up is worth what ever penalty you might find.
Good points..thanks

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts