Bu is at the body shop...anybody help please??

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Hey guys, my Bu's at the local speed shop getting the Hurst V-Gate shifter replaced with a more conventional h-pattern shifter. I can't for the life of me remember the company that makes the replacement stamped steel mount that either bolts to or gets welded to the trans tunnel to mount a shifter on. I've searched the web, and can't find anything. Anybody know? Thanks!!

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
The only one that comes to mind is Lokar. I know they make a boat load of different shifters, but I thought I saw a mounting plate in the Jeg's catalog??

National Parts Depot has a lot of stamped steel parts as well. I don't have a catalog in front of me, but it seems like they would carry something like that.....

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Thanks for the tip. I'll look there. I found one from Summit, but it's abs plastic?!?! I know that "hump" really only holds the shifter bezel and boot, but come on, plastic?

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
OK 2 hours online, and all I can come up with is this:
http://www.goodmarkindustries.com/product.cfm?id=4035-507-781A

Anybody out there know where I can get this, like TOMORROW?
Goodmark itself is out of stock? ](*,) ](*,)

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
ttt??

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
what if you looked for that part for a more popular make/model car that might be the same general shape that would work with a little trimming or mods?

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
UPDATE: Found all the parts I needed at ElCaminostore.com. They had the metal transmission hump, the plastic trim piece, the boot and the bezel. One-stop shopping! Love it!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!