Bucket seat brackets

79BuOwner

Amateur Racer
Jul 11, 2011
I bought a set of bucket seat brackets from mikesmontes, and ive look ed at other pictures of floor pans that shows how they go in. My dilemma is that my bucket seats that are original malibu seats to another car has the same outside mounts, but the inside mounts has two holes in the front and one in the back? Why is it like that? The tracks are on the correct way, but now his brackets that i bought would need serious modification to make it work. Just wondering whats the deal with the configuration.

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
I just went through this last week with my car. I bought a set of new inner brackets from Mikes. I also bought a set of Monte SS buckets and picked up another single Monte bucket because I needed a seat pan. I had all the slides screwed up. I actually got the info from Mike to get things sorted out. The outer drivers slide has the lever. It has two front holes, one rear. The inner drivers slide has one front hole, two rear. The inner passenger slide had the lever, one front hole, two rear. The outer passenger slide has two front holes, one rear. All four slides are different. I had the slides mixed up from the three seats and the seats were too close to the doors. According to Mike it doesnt matter if the front has only one stud and two holes. Im thinking he knows what hes talking about since the seats fit fine now.

ssbrewskyaz

Daily Driver
Dec 8, 2011
Arizona
I just went through this ordeal this weekend. Simply amazing how something that seems like it should be intuitive turns out to be anything but. I kept trying to put the passenger side lever on the outside like the driver side lever. Had no idea both driver and passenger sides essentially mirror one another.

DWR, your description makes it much easier for someone looking for the answer. I searched the parts catalog and service manual to get my answer but hopefully the photos help this along for future reference. …

This is the Left Side (Driver)

DSC02356_zpse2dbcd70.jpg

Left Side

DSC02357_zps35502765.jpg

This is the Right Side (Passenger

DSC02365_zpsbdb5169c.jpg

Right Side

DSC02364_zpsb3bf0ff2.jpg

ssbrewskyaz, ... :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: ;)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts