Buick Grand National fuel pump enough for an L92?

samckitt

Weekend Racer
Mar 26, 2008
Carrollton, VA
I have a GN fuel sending unit & pump and wonder if it has the power to supply enough fuel & pressure for a 6.2L L92?

Thanks,
Scot

pmgm

Amateur Racer
Jun 2, 2007
OH
If need be upgrade to a Walbro pump..

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
Yea a 255 walbro arent that expensive either.

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
Save that money and use the stock pump, it will hold. Now if you plan on doing some major upgrades then buy a bigger pump but if it's a cam and bolton deal, the stock pump will suffice.

BoostedbuLQ9

Amateur Racer
Dec 16, 2008
Ocean County, NJ
samckitt said:
I have a GN fuel sending unit & pump and wonder if it has the power to supply enough fuel & pressure for a 6.2L L92?

Thanks,
Scot

LS Motor require line press of 58 lbs and the stock GN Pump will not maintain that pressure. Use a WAlbro 340 pump to replace the stock pump.

Hot-Wire Kit would be good thing too.

Ralph

X2, a stock GN pump was too small for a GN to begin with. the Walbro 340's are about 100.00 give or take.

vickysbu

Amateur Racer
Jan 14, 2011
Low End
http://www.hotrodlane.cc/Buick%20Regal/ls1grandnationalpg1.htm
Enuff said, here it is in black&white and not an opinion.

OK, but I have a Turbo Buick motor, so I am speaking from experience. They also never stated if that was the original low volume pump. The GN has a base FP of 38 psi, with the vacuum line of the FPR. put it on at no boost it's 43, if have 12 lbs of boost, now 55 psi, leans out on a WB. I would never use a stock 25 year old pump that could barely feed a 350 horse V6, let alone a 400+ horse LS. Now I run 22 lbs and a walbro is good. But, do what you chose, I don't cheap on fuel systems.

BoostedbuLQ9

Amateur Racer
Dec 16, 2008
Ocean County, NJ
Racetronix makes the kits for perfect fit to swap out the pump and the hotwire kits.

So for like 200 bucks your safe, you go full throttle and boom, surely the lose will be more than 200 bucks.

MY Motor made 400 HP to the rear tire and thats like 480-500 @ the crank. Stock V6 pump will not work. I use to own both Typhoon and Grand National ---- the first upgrade i made was installing better fuel pumps.

Ralph

P.S. Drive at your own risk!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts