cam question for supercharged engine

blown 78

Dragway Regular
Dec 10, 2007
South Portland, Maine
The motor is a bone stock 350. It was rebuilt with everything brand new with stock style parts. My question is whats the best cam to run in it with a 671 supercharger on it. I know it might sound dumb to put one on a stock engine but thats all the guy has until his real motor is built and he just wants to drive it around. Also what would be a good set of carbs for it? Thanks guys

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
With a 671 blower he can run a cam with a lobe seperation of 110-114, i would leave the factory cam in it for now and i would run it with very low boost otherwise the bone stock parts won't handle that much. I would think 2-450 holley's would do the trick or if he has a big enough single carb buy the adapter plate and run 1 carb for now till he gets the other motor done cause he may need bigger carbs later.

blown 78

Dragway Regular
Dec 10, 2007
South Portland, Maine
ok cool. He took this cam brand new in a trade deal he did
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-CL12-602-4/
would that be to big or not work with this set up? If it would he wants to throw it in and if not he will sell it. Just thought id ask.

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
blown 78 said:
ok cool. He took this cam brand new in a trade deal he did
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-CL12-602-4/
would that be to big or not work with this set up? If it would he wants to throw it in and if not he will sell it. Just thought id ask.
No it wouldn't work to well with that 107 lobe seperation. The cylinders wouldn't get filled up before they were trying to empty out. 110 would be the lowest i would go with a 671, and for a smaller blower 112-114.
Hope that helps a bit

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
Your not dumb buddy, i dont have all the answers either just the stuff i learned when i was building my motor. But thats why were here to learn what we dont know.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts