Cam?

MarkSS

Aug 4, 2009
Pall Mall, Tn
Has anyone ever used a comp cam's xtreme engery 274 h cam? I was looking into buying one and wondered if anyone has one and what you thought about it. Or any other xtreme cam for that mater. Let me know what you think. It is for a 355sbc.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I have an XE268H with my 9:1 350 w/ Vortec heads, and I'm quite happy with it :D

MarkSS

Aug 4, 2009
Pall Mall, Tn
I know the most important thing is performance but I am also wonting a good sound :twisted: The cam I had in it was alot smaller that I had thought. So I am building a new car and desided to but a differant cam in it while I had the motor out to see what it would do. I just hate to put it in and it run slower. ](*,)

A

Anonymous

If you are set on a comp cam you can call their cam tech line and give them your combo and what you are wanting and they will give you a pretty good match.

But...

There are alot of cam companies out there and they all start with the same cores...lol

Try Bullet cams, Doug Herbert Performance, or Competition Products as well. There are alot of good cams out there that won't cost you the arm and leg it requires to get that compcams name.

P.S. Bullet has all the Ultradyne profiles from when that company went under. If you have ever heard of Ultradyne they were awesome bacause the owner just absolutely loved cam design. He close up Ultradyne and went to work for Lunati (that's where the voo-doo line came from, Harold). Great cams that sounded awesome and made excellent power. I still have a solid Ultradyne grind that will stay packed in a protective sleeve with a coating on it till I wanna use it again.

MarkSS

Aug 4, 2009
Pall Mall, Tn
That is why I am looking at this cam. I have a 355 with flat tops and a 2500 stall in a 350 turbo trans. It an 9 to 9.5 to 1 compression motor with the heads I have. the rear is 3.42 gears welded. The old cam I had was a crane cam that I got off a friend when I built the motor. But I did not know what it was but it was a crane until I pulled it out the other day. It was a BlaZer cam 288h with .450 lift. Not as big as I thought it was. It did run 8.70's in the 1/8th at 79mph. It did not mater what gear I had in it 2.29 factory open wheel 3.42 and then 3.73 welded in a Monte Carlo SS same mph every time. Then I got a 79 Malibu that was striped the only thing in it was a seat and shifter and gages and I did get 80mph one time. Now I have a 82 Cutlass that I am making another street strip car. I wonted to play around and see what it would do. I have had a few comp cams in other cars I had and loved them. I did not care much for the crane and a friend had lunati cam and he did not like it but he loved the comp we put in it later that was about the same size.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts