Cheapie comp three way shocks

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Planning off season upgrades. At what point should the comp 3 ways be tossed in favor of a better adjustable shock (Afco, Strange, QA1)?

UMI Sales

Amateur Racer
Jan 6, 2009
Hello
Don't get me wrong any type of adjustable shock is better than not having any adjustment! But if you are looking to get the extra fine tuning capability I would recommend getting them as soon as you are able to. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_64

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad :D

mean78malibu

Dragway Regular
Mar 15, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA and Philly Area
I would say you are going quick enough now to justify the upgrade. 1.48 60's with a 3400# car justifies some better shocks IMO. I would pull them out and at least check them for now. I didn't realize how old my comps were, and when I took them out, they had about an inch of free travel indicating they were low on fluid and probably farily useless.

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
mean78malibu said:
I would say you are going quick enough now to justify the upgrade. 1.48 60's with a 3400# car justifies some better shocks IMO. I would pull them out and at least check them for now. I didn't realize how old my comps were, and when I took them out, they had about an inch of free travel indicating they were low on fluid and probably farily useless.
Double adjustable QA1 shocks are always a great upgrade, no matter how fast or slow your car is. But don't get me wrong, the cheap Comp 3-ways do a great job for someone on a budget. My wagon has run a best of a 1.29 60 foot and I have cheap Comp 3-ways in the front and QA1 single adjustable rears. And my avatar kind of speaks for itself. If you're on a budget, use them if they work. If you can spend the money, better shocks are never a bad choice.

And if you decide on some better shocks, let me know. I'm sure I can get you setup with whatever you need at a better price than just about anyone.

what type of tire (rear)?

5-door

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 23, 2004
Cottage Grove, MN
www.jtraceshop.com
shotgun said:
what type of tire (rear)?
If you're talking to me, I have 315/60R15 M/T drag radials.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts