Cleaning up wiring under hood, pics and ?s

whitetrash84

Dragway Regular
Jan 22, 2004
Muscatine, IA
www.machlink.com
I'm wanting to clean up the wiring under the hood on the wagon, still has all the harnesses and connectors for the v6, the a/c, and the computer, none of which i will ever be using again. I want to keep the heater wiring as I may hook it back up.

Here are a few pics, I need some help here:
IMG_1057a.jpg

I know I need to leave the wires that plug into the blower motor, but what about the harness with the three wires that plugs into the top of the heater box, it's directly to the right of the vent tube for the blower motor? Do I need to keep the vacuum ball on the front of the a/c box?

IMG_1060a.jpg

What about this?

IMG_1061a.jpg

These all go into the computer, I'm assuming that I don't need any of them. Right?

IMG_1062a.jpg

What about this inside the fender well behind the overflow tank?

Thanks, I need all the help I can get.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
The plug to the right of the vent tube is for your blower motor, keep that. That mess in the 3rd pic you can get rid of. I would pull the passenger inner fender to get a better look at stuff and just take your time. It also helps to get rid of all of the ECM loom that runs through there. Its mostly obvious what can be hacked out.

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
I chopped everything you are holding and behind the fender out of my car. I left the relay and the wires to the blower motor. Other than that just be careful you don't wack any wires that you do need. just be careful and trace the wires before you cut that way you know you are safe.

whitetrash84

Dragway Regular
Jan 22, 2004
Muscatine, IA
www.machlink.com
Yeah my last g-body was pretty well stripped out, as you can see:
18.jpg

I need heat in this one, or at least defrost. I'll try taking out the inner fender well and see what I come up with. May just wait until the motor is in so I can check and make sure everything still works.

Thanks!

406Monte

Dragway Regular
Nov 30, 2007
Hubert, NC
Here is a pic of my monte after i really cleaned it up under the hood. The motor is a little dirty i hate the pollen around here.
new406007.jpg

new406001.jpg

Scorps

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 29, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
Theres a computer (ECM) in these cars....humm didn't know that. I bought my car with that already done, It was a hack job thats why I spent the last 2 months fixing it all, there is a ton of wires under the dash but I hid them...thank god thats done for now.

loneagle

Amateur Racer
Sep 23, 2004
Eugene, Oregon
I'm in the process of doing the same thing right now. I took loose the engine wiring harness from the bulkhead connector, removed the covering and then started removing all the wires I won't need anymore. The alternator, starter wires, heater blower and horn are about all I have left over. Taped the harness and covered it with some new split loom.

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
no need to gut it to clean it up. and keep the heat and defrost.

P4050001.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts