Code 29 Dark Blue Poly anyone??

468malibu

Frequent Racer
Sep 13, 2003
Binghamton NY
This is the original color for my 79. Sometime in the 80s the car was repainted, now it has a green tint to it. I really like the way the color changes in different shades of light. Went to an auto paint store, they couldn't tell me what color it is, but had a scanner that can get the closed thing. Got some 2003 Hyundai....

But looking at the paint chips, it sorta looks like there is a little green in there. Does anybody have or seen an original paint on a car?? Does it have a little green in it??

DatBu

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2005
Northern IL
That's the same color as mine. It has a greenish/blue tint to it. My car was repainted with the same code too in the early 90s. There are some areas that they did not repaint and it looks the same.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
I'm looking at my 80 color chip sheet. Code 29 "Dark Blue Metallic" does have a bit of a greenish tinge...

Tommy

468malibu

Frequent Racer
Sep 13, 2003
Binghamton NY
I really like the color, just doesn't look the same under the trunklid or door jams. There is looks just like a regular blue...They can mix up a small batch of each, so figure which one looks good and go from there. Getting cooler now, so can't paint anyways....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!