Conversion to Standard

tripdagoat

Daily Driver
Oct 24, 2005
Wallingford Ct
I have a question about an auto to standard conversion. I searched and didnt find anything. My questions is What pedal parts are needed to convert an auto trans 78 malibu to standard . The only parts I am concerned about are the pedals. I saw on ebay I can purchase the pedals, but no brackets. Can I adapt these to the sheet metal under my dash? Thanks for the help

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
If you can get the pedals, they will bolt to the bracket already under your dash. The brackets are the same. You will also need the clutch pedal stop bracked and bumper, as well as the longer bolt.

I suggest you read my website: garage-scene.com

There are also many threads covering this topic. Perhaps it is your keywords that are not appropriate?

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
t5 has a ton of info on his site, makes for excellent reading, especially if you can't find a bellhousing and fork :D

The main things for a conversion are the pedals, and the bellhousing/clutch fork. The tunnel around the bellhousing is tight on the G-Bodies, so you can't just drop in a bellhousing/fork from an older car, the geometry will be off.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!